Saturday 20 August 2016

My Five Greatest Marriage Lessons By: Ofure Elohiaghe Akinsanmi

Woke up this morning and realized I've been married 10 years. I'm no marriage counsellor but I do have some experience. Here are the 5 greatest lessons I've learnt...

1. Don't assume you know your spouse completely... Only God does. Familiarity can be your enemy. There are riches buried deep within your spouse. Its your duty to
lovingly explore and bring them out!

2. You can call forth the spouse you want. Speak goodness. Please try! The devil listens to your words so he can use them against you, so does God! God listens so He can use them for your good.

3. Learn to forgive completely. If you do not, prepare for a 'bitter' future. Unforgiveness brings so much pain.

4. You have to decide to make it work. Sometimes you don't feel 'in love' but you can act it. Love is in your heart... Its there! Don't wait for calamity to pull out those feelings.

5. God is number 1, not your spouse! They can't handle it! People keep running to God in times of trouble when they've made Him number 2 or 3! That's all o. Lol

I love you dear...always! My creative, eccentric, emotional, mischevious, phenomenal guy. Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment